Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.60 meters/second, 1611.4 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.2"||1001.16 mi||west||0° 10' 53.2"||12.47 mi||north||1001.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 46.2"||778.39 mi||east||4° 10' 38.6"||287.06 mi||north||826.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 11:14 AM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||NNW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 11:14 AM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||W|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 11:14 AM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||W|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 11:14 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||W|
|Miri||Tue 11:14 AM||301 km||187 miles||163 nm||WSW|
|Puerto Princesa||Tue 11:14 AM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||NNE|
|Samarinda||Tue 11:14 AM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||S|
|Zamboanga City||Tue 11:14 AM||638 km||396 miles||345 nm||ENE|
|Balikpapan||Tue 11:14 AM||693 km||430 miles||374 nm||S|
|Palu||Tue 11:14 AM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.