Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 3:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.60 meters/second, 1611.4 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.2"||1001.16 mi||West||0° 10' 53.2"||12.47 mi||North||1001.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 46.2"||778.39 mi||East||4° 10' 38.6"||287.06 mi||North||826.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 11:14 AM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||NNW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 11:14 AM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||W|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 11:14 AM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||W|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 11:14 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||W|
|Miri||Tue 11:14 AM||301 km||187 miles||163 nm||WSW|
|Puerto Princesa||Tue 11:14 AM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||NNE|
|Samarinda||Tue 11:14 AM||612 km||380 miles||331 nm||S|
|Zamboanga City||Tue 11:14 AM||638 km||396 miles||345 nm||ENE|
|Balikpapan||Tue 11:14 AM||691 km||430 miles||373 nm||S|
|Palu||Tue 11:14 AM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.