Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 3:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.58 meters/second, 1611.3 kilometres/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.4"||1001.12 mi||West||0° 10' 52.9"||12.46 mi||North||1001.05 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 46.6"||778.36 mi||East||4° 10' 28.6"||286.87 mi||North||826.55 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuala Belait||Tue 11:24 AM||50 km||31 miles||27 nm||S|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 11:24 AM||56 km||35 miles||30 nm||ESE|
|Miri||Tue 11:24 AM||75 km||47 miles||41 nm||SSW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 11:24 AM||83 km||51 miles||45 nm||ESE|
|Papar||Tue 11:24 AM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||ENE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 11:24 AM||231 km||144 miles||125 nm||ENE|
|Sibu||Tue 11:24 AM||403 km||251 miles||218 nm||SW|
|Sarikei||Tue 11:24 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||SW|
|Kuching||Tue 11:24 AM||577 km||358 miles||311 nm||SW|
|Puerto Princesa||Tue 11:24 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.