Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.56 meters/second, 1611.2 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.4"||1001.07 mi||west||0° 10' 52.6"||12.46 mi||north||1001.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 46.8"||778.33 mi||east||4° 10' 18.7"||286.68 mi||north||826.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Tue 11:34 AM||255 km||158 miles||138 nm||ESE|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 11:34 AM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||E|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 11:34 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||E|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 11:34 AM||353 km||219 miles||190 nm||E|
|Kuching||Tue 11:34 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||SSW|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 11:34 AM||485 km||302 miles||262 nm||ENE|
|Pontianak||Tue 10:34 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SSW|
|Palangka Raya||Tue 10:34 AM||839 km||521 miles||453 nm||SSE|
|Ho Chi Minh||Tue 10:34 AM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||NW|
|Nha Trang||Tue 10:34 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.