Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.56 meters/second, 1611.2 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.4"||1001.06 mi||west||0° 10' 52.5"||12.45 mi||north||1000.99 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 46.9"||778.32 mi||east||4° 10' 15.4"||286.62 mi||north||826.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Tue 11:36 AM||336 km||209 miles||182 nm||ESE|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 11:36 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||E|
|Kuching||Tue 11:36 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||S|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 11:36 AM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||E|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 11:36 AM||436 km||271 miles||236 nm||E|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 11:36 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||E|
|Pontianak||Tue 10:36 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||SSW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Tue 10:36 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||NW|
|Cần Thơ||Tue 10:36 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||NW|
|Nha Trang||Tue 10:36 AM||817 km||508 miles||441 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.