Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.56 meters/second, 1611.2 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.4"||1001.06 mi||West||0° 10' 52.5"||12.45 mi||North||1001.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 46.9"||778.32 mi||East||4° 10' 16.6"||286.65 mi||North||826.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Miri||Tue 11:36 AM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||ESE|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 11:36 AM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||E|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 11:36 AM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||E|
|Kuching||Tue 11:36 AM||403 km||251 miles||218 nm||SSW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 11:36 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||E|
|Kota Kinabalu||Tue 11:36 AM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||E|
|Pontianak||Tue 10:36 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||SSW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Tue 10:36 AM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||NW|
|Cần Thơ||Tue 10:36 AM||820 km||510 miles||443 nm||NW|
|Palangka Raya||Tue 10:36 AM||857 km||532 miles||463 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.