Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 3:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.54 meters/second, 1611.2 km/hour, 1001.1 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.4"||1001.03 mi||West||0° 10' 52.3"||12.45 mi||North||1000.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 47.2"||778.30 mi||East||4° 10' 08.5"||286.49 mi||North||826.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuching||Tue 11:44 AM||406 km||253 miles||219 nm||SSE|
|Miri||Tue 11:44 AM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||E|
|Kuala Belait||Tue 11:44 AM||542 km||337 miles||293 nm||E|
|Pontianak||Tue 10:44 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||S|
|Pekan Tutong||Tue 11:44 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||E|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Tue 11:44 AM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||E|
|Cần Thơ||Tue 10:44 AM||675 km||419 miles||364 nm||NW|
|Kuantan||Tue 11:44 AM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||WSW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Tue 10:44 AM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||NNW|
|Tanjung Pinang||Tue 10:44 AM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.