Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 03:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.52 meters/second, 1611.1 km/hour, 1001.1 miles/hour or 869.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.5"||1001.04 mi||west||0° 10' 51.9"||12.44 mi||north||1000.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 47.5"||778.32 mi||east||4° 09' 57.4"||286.30 mi||north||826.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuantan||Tue 11:54 AM||400 km||248 miles||216 nm||WSW|
|Johor Bahru||Tue 11:54 AM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||SW|
|Tanjung Pinang||Tue 10:54 AM||527 km||328 miles||285 nm||SSW|
|Singapore||Tue 11:54 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SW|
|Cần Thơ||Tue 10:54 AM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||N|
|Kuching||Tue 11:54 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||SE|
|Seremban||Tue 11:54 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||WSW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 11:54 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||WSW|
|Ipoh||Tue 11:54 AM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||W|
|Ho Chi Minh||Tue 10:54 AM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.