Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 04:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 04:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.50 meters/second, 1611.0 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.5"||1001.00 mi||west||0° 10' 51.6"||12.44 mi||north||1000.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 48.0"||778.29 mi||east||4° 09' 47.2"||286.11 mi||north||826.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuantan||Tue 12:04 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||SW|
|Ipoh||Tue 12:04 PM||354 km||220 miles||191 nm||W|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 12:04 PM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||SW|
|Seremban||Tue 12:04 PM||378 km||235 miles||204 nm||SW|
|Johor Bahru||Tue 12:04 PM||413 km||257 miles||223 nm||S|
|Singapore||Tue 12:04 PM||432 km||268 miles||233 nm||S|
|George Town||Tue 12:04 PM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||W|
|Alor Setar||Tue 12:04 PM||444 km||276 miles||239 nm||WNW|
|Hat Yai||Tue 11:04 AM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||WNW|
|Tanjung Pinang||Tue 11:04 AM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.