Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.48 meters/second, 1610.9 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.68 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.5"||1000.88 mi||west||0° 10' 51.1"||12.43 mi||north||1000.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 48.3"||778.21 mi||east||4° 09' 37.1"||285.89 mi||north||826.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ipoh||Tue 12:14 PM||103 km||64 miles||55 nm||SW|
|George Town||Tue 12:14 PM||168 km||105 miles||91 nm||W|
|Alor Setar||Tue 12:14 PM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||WNW|
|Kuantan||Tue 12:14 PM||226 km||140 miles||122 nm||SE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Tue 12:14 PM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||S|
|Hat Yai||Tue 11:14 AM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||NW|
|Seremban||Tue 12:14 PM||276 km||172 miles||149 nm||S|
|Malacca City||Tue 12:14 PM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||S|
|Medan||Tue 11:14 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||WSW|
|Pematangsiantar||Tue 11:14 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.