Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 09:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 09:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.77 meters/second, 1608.4 km/hour, 999.4 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.3"||999.36 mi||west||0° 10' 40.3"||12.22 mi||north||999.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 08.5"||777.40 mi||east||4° 04' 07.3"||279.63 mi||north||822.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wau||Tue 12:24 PM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||NE|
|Yambio||Tue 12:24 PM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||SE|
|Juba||Tue 12:24 PM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||ESE|
|Kisangani||Tue 11:24 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||SSW|
|Malakal||Tue 12:24 PM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||NE|
|Bambari||Tue 10:24 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||W|
|Gulu||Tue 12:24 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||ESE|
|Lira||Tue 12:24 PM||805 km||500 miles||434 nm||ESE|
|Al-Fashir||Tue 12:24 PM||844 km||524 miles||456 nm||N|
|Mbarara||Tue 12:24 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.