Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.59 meters/second, 1607.7 km/hour, 999.0 miles/hour or 868.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.3"||998.95 mi||west||0° 10' 37.6"||12.17 mi||north||998.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 15.4"||777.22 mi||east||4° 02' 46.3"||278.09 mi||north||822.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bamenda||Tue 11:36 AM||100 km||62 miles||54 nm||ESE|
|Abakaliki||Tue 11:36 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||W|
|Makurdi||Tue 11:36 AM||179 km||111 miles||96 nm||NNW|
|Enugu||Tue 11:36 AM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||W|
|Uyo||Tue 11:36 AM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||SW|
|Douala||Tue 11:36 AM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||S|
|Owerri||Tue 11:36 AM||271 km||168 miles||146 nm||WSW|
|Malabo||Tue 11:36 AM||292 km||181 miles||158 nm||SSW|
|Port Harcourt||Tue 11:36 AM||307 km||191 miles||166 nm||WSW|
|Jalingo||Tue 11:36 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.