Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.56 meters/second, 1607.6 km/hour, 998.9 miles/hour or 868.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.65 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.3"||998.82 mi||West||0° 10' 37.1"||12.16 mi||North||998.72 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 16.5"||777.14 mi||East||4° 02' 33.9"||277.83 mi||North||821.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Enugu||Tue 11:48 AM||91 km||56 miles||49 nm||E|
|Owerri||Tue 11:48 AM||105 km||65 miles||57 nm||SSE|
|Benin City||Tue 11:48 AM||118 km||73 miles||64 nm||W|
|Abakaliki||Tue 11:48 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||E|
|Port Harcourt||Tue 11:48 AM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||SSE|
|Uyo||Tue 11:48 AM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||SE|
|Makurdi||Tue 11:48 AM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||NE|
|Abuja||Tue 11:48 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||NNE|
|Ibadan||Tue 11:48 AM||328 km||204 miles||177 nm||WNW|
|Malabo||Tue 11:48 AM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.