Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.49 meters/second, 1607.4 km/hour, 998.8 miles/hour or 867.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.3"||998.74 mi||west||0° 10' 36.2"||12.14 mi||north||998.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 19.3"||777.12 mi||east||4° 02' 03.0"||277.26 mi||north||821.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Accra||Tue 11:14 AM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||SSW|
|Lome||Tue 11:14 AM||126 km||78 miles||68 nm||ESE|
|Atakpamé||Tue 11:14 AM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||NE|
|Kumasi||Tue 11:14 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||W|
|Bohicon||Tue 12:14 PM||229 km||142 miles||124 nm||ENE|
|Cotonou||Tue 12:14 PM||255 km||159 miles||138 nm||E|
|Porto Novo||Tue 12:14 PM||276 km||171 miles||149 nm||E|
|Sokodé||Tue 11:14 AM||302 km||188 miles||163 nm||NNE|
|Savé||Tue 12:14 PM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||NE|
|Tamale||Tue 11:14 AM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.