Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.01 meters/second, 1605.6 km/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 867.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.2"||997.59 mi||West||0° 10' 29.0"||12.01 mi||North||997.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 40.9"||776.65 mi||East||3° 58' 33.2"||273.24 mi||North||819.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 11:14 AM||1037 km||644 miles||560 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 11:14 AM||1101 km||684 miles||594 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 11:14 AM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 11:14 AM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Tue 10:14 AM||1655 km||1028 miles||893 nm||W|
|Recife||Tue 11:14 AM||1900 km||1181 miles||1026 nm||SSE|
|Bridgetown||Tue 10:14 AM||1923 km||1195 miles||1038 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 10:14 AM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||WNW|
|Kingstown||Tue 10:14 AM||2091 km||1299 miles||1129 nm||WNW|
|Castries||Tue 10:14 AM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.