Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 3:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 15:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.84 meters/second, 1605.0 km/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.2"||997.21 mi||West||0° 10' 26.5"||11.96 mi||North||997.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 49.0"||776.51 mi||East||3° 57' 20.5"||271.86 mi||North||818.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown||Tue 11:14 AM||61 km||38 miles||33 nm||SW|
|New Amsterdam||Tue 11:14 AM||102 km||64 miles||55 nm||SSE|
|Linden||Tue 11:14 AM||139 km||86 miles||75 nm||SSW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Tue 12:14 PM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||SSE|
|Paramaribo||Tue 12:14 PM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||ESE|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Tue 12:14 PM||447 km||278 miles||241 nm||ESE|
|San Fernando||Tue 11:14 AM||538 km||334 miles||291 nm||NW|
|Chaguanas||Tue 11:14 AM||551 km||342 miles||298 nm||NW|
|Scarborough||Tue 11:14 AM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||NW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 11:14 AM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.