Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.82 meters/second, 1604.9 km/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.62 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.1"||997.15 mi||west||0° 10' 26.1"||11.95 mi||north||997.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 50.4"||776.49 mi||east||3° 57' 08.3"||271.63 mi||north||818.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Georgetown (Guyana)||Tue 11:24 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||E|
|Linden||Tue 11:24 AM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||ESE|
|New Amsterdam||Tue 11:24 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||ESE|
|San Fernando||Tue 11:24 AM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||NNW|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Tue 12:24 PM||374 km||233 miles||202 nm||ESE|
|Ciudad Bolívar||Tue 10:54 AM||390 km||243 miles||211 nm||WNW|
|Chaguanas||Tue 11:24 AM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||NNW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 11:24 AM||413 km||256 miles||223 nm||NNW|
|Maturín||Tue 10:54 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||NW|
|Scarborough||Tue 11:24 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.