Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.78 meters/second, 1604.8 km/hour, 997.2 miles/hour or 866.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.1"||997.07 mi||West||0° 10' 25.6"||11.94 mi||North||996.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 52.3"||776.46 mi||East||3° 56' 53.7"||271.35 mi||North||818.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ciudad Bolívar||Tue 11:06 AM||116 km||72 miles||62 nm||NNW|
|Ciudad Guayana||Tue 11:06 AM||130 km||81 miles||70 nm||NNE|
|Maturín||Tue 11:06 AM||281 km||174 miles||152 nm||N|
|San Fernando||Tue 11:36 AM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||NNE|
|Chaguanas||Tue 11:36 AM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||NNE|
|Port of Spain||Tue 11:36 AM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||NNE|
|San Fernando de Apure||Tue 11:06 AM||494 km||307 miles||267 nm||W|
|Scarborough||Tue 11:36 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NNE|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Tue 11:06 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||WSW|
|Georgetown (Guyana)||Tue 11:36 AM||542 km||337 miles||292 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.