Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 4:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 16:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.70 meters/second, 1604.5 kilometres/hour, 997.0 miles/hour or 866.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.1"||996.89 mi||West||0° 10' 24.4"||11.92 mi||North||996.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 56.4"||776.40 mi||East||3° 56' 19.3"||270.69 mi||North||818.44 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Fernando de Apure||Tue 11:34 AM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||ENE|
|Puerto Ayacucho||Tue 11:34 AM||303 km||188 miles||163 nm||SE|
|Cúcuta||Tue 11:04 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||WNW|
|Barquisimeto||Tue 11:34 AM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||N|
|Bucaramanga||Tue 11:04 AM||364 km||226 miles||196 nm||W|
|Valencia||Tue 11:34 AM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||NNE|
|Maracay||Tue 11:34 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NE|
|Maracaibo||Tue 11:34 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||NNW|
|Caracas||Tue 11:34 AM||479 km||298 miles||259 nm||NE|
|Willemstad||Tue 12:04 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.