Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 17:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 17:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.42 meters/second, 1603.5 km/hour, 996.4 miles/hour or 865.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.61 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||north||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.7"||996.33 mi||west||0° 10' 20.2"||11.84 mi||north||996.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 11.1"||776.25 mi||east||3° 54' 20.7"||268.45 mi||north||817.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Escuintla||Tue 11:38 AM||778 km||484 miles||420 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Tue 11:38 AM||788 km||489 miles||425 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Tue 11:38 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 11:38 AM||820 km||509 miles||443 nm||NNE|
|San Miguel||Tue 11:38 AM||831 km||516 miles||449 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 11:38 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||NE|
|Masaya||Tue 11:38 AM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 11:38 AM||947 km||589 miles||512 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Tue 11:38 AM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||ENE|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 11:38 AM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.