Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 5:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 17:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.40 meters/second, 1603.4 km/hour, 996.3 miles/hour or 865.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.60 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.7"||996.20 mi||West||0° 10' 19.9"||11.83 mi||North||996.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 12.5"||776.18 mi||East||3° 54' 09.6"||268.22 mi||North||817.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quetzaltenango||Tue 11:48 AM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||NNE|
|Escuintla||Tue 11:48 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 11:48 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||NNE|
|Santa María Huatulco *||Tue 12:48 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Tue 11:48 AM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Tue 11:48 AM||928 km||576 miles||501 nm||NE|
|San Vicente||Tue 11:48 AM||955 km||593 miles||516 nm||NE|
|San Miguel||Tue 11:48 AM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 11:48 AM||1084 km||674 miles||585 nm||ENE|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 11:48 AM||1115 km||693 miles||602 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.