Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 9:04:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 21:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.79 meters/second, 1601.3 km/hour, 995.0 miles/hour or 864.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.1"||994.85 mi||West||0° 10' 11.0"||11.66 mi||North||994.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 46.6"||775.78 mi||East||3° 49' 56.5"||263.39 mi||North||815.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:04 AM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:04 AM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:04 AM||2946 km||1831 miles||1591 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:04 AM||3728 km||2316 miles||2013 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:04 AM||3761 km||2337 miles||2031 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles *||Tue 2:04 PM||3793 km||2357 miles||2048 nm||NE|
|San Francisco *||Tue 2:04 PM||3853 km||2394 miles||2080 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:04 AM||3873 km||2407 miles||2091 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:04 PM||3912 km||2431 miles||2113 nm||SSE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 2:04 PM||4029 km||2504 miles||2176 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.