Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 9:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 21:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.76 meters/second, 1601.1 kilometres/hour, 994.9 miles/hour or 864.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.0"||994.78 mi||West||0° 10' 10.5"||11.65 mi||North||994.63 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 48.5"||775.76 mi||East||3° 49' 43.2"||263.14 mi||North||815.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:14 AM||1545 km||960 miles||834 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:14 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:14 AM||2890 km||1796 miles||1561 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:14 AM||3503 km||2177 miles||1892 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:14 AM||3613 km||2245 miles||1951 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:14 AM||3638 km||2260 miles||1964 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Wed 10:14 AM||3840 km||2386 miles||2073 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles *||Tue 2:14 PM||3957 km||2459 miles||2137 nm||NE|
|San Francisco *||Tue 2:14 PM||3983 km||2475 miles||2151 nm||NNE|
|Adamstown||Tue 1:14 PM||4013 km||2494 miles||2167 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.