Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 9:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 21:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.73 meters/second, 1601.0 kilometres/hour, 994.8 miles/hour or 864.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.0"||994.71 mi||West||0° 10' 10.1"||11.65 mi||North||994.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 50.4"||775.74 mi||East||3° 49' 30.0"||262.89 mi||North||815.00 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:24 AM||1313 km||816 miles||709 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:24 AM||1839 km||1143 miles||993 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:24 AM||2858 km||1776 miles||1543 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:24 AM||3285 km||2041 miles||1774 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:24 AM||3354 km||2084 miles||1811 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:24 AM||3530 km||2193 miles||1906 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Wed 10:24 AM||3639 km||2261 miles||1965 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 10:24 AM||3853 km||2394 miles||2081 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:24 AM||3904 km||2426 miles||2108 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Tue 2:24 PM||4123 km||2562 miles||2226 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.