Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.66 meters/second, 1600.8 kilometres/hour, 994.7 miles/hour or 864.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.0"||994.55 mi||West||0° 10' 09.0"||11.63 mi||North||994.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 54.6"||775.70 mi||East||3° 49' 00.7"||262.33 mi||North||814.76 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:46 AM||878 km||546 miles||474 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:46 AM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:46 AM||2790 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:46 AM||2835 km||1762 miles||1531 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:46 AM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||S|
|Apia||Wed 10:46 AM||3231 km||2008 miles||1745 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:46 AM||3355 km||2085 miles||1812 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 10:46 AM||3407 km||2117 miles||1840 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:46 AM||3568 km||2217 miles||1926 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:46 AM||3634 km||2258 miles||1962 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.