Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 21:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.65 meters/second, 1600.7 km/hour, 994.7 miles/hour or 864.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.58 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||north||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.0"||994.53 mi||west||0° 10' 08.9"||11.62 mi||north||994.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 55.2"||775.70 mi||east||3° 48' 56.5"||262.25 mi||north||814.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 11:48 AM||833 km||517 miles||450 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:48 AM||1519 km||944 miles||820 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:48 AM||2711 km||1685 miles||1464 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 10:48 AM||2778 km||1726 miles||1500 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 11:48 AM||2886 km||1793 miles||1558 nm||S|
|Apia||Wed 10:48 AM||3178 km||1975 miles||1716 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 11:48 AM||3338 km||2074 miles||1802 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 10:48 AM||3346 km||2079 miles||1807 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 10:48 AM||3525 km||2190 miles||1903 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:48 AM||3560 km||2212 miles||1922 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.