Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 22:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.57 meters/second, 1600.4 km/hour, 994.5 miles/hour or 864.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.9"||994.35 mi||West||0° 10' 07.6"||11.60 mi||North||994.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 00.0"||775.65 mi||East||3° 48' 23.4"||261.62 mi||North||814.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:14 PM||754 km||468 miles||407 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Tue 12:14 PM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:14 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:14 AM||2354 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||SW|
|Apia||Wed 11:14 AM||2807 km||1744 miles||1516 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 11:14 AM||2895 km||1799 miles||1563 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:14 AM||3017 km||1875 miles||1629 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 12:14 PM||3062 km||1902 miles||1653 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:14 AM||3151 km||1958 miles||1701 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 10:14 AM||3223 km||2003 miles||1740 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.