Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 22:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.50 meters/second, 1600.2 kilometres/hour, 994.3 miles/hour or 864.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.8"||994.19 mi||West||0° 10' 06.7"||11.58 mi||North||994.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 04.2"||775.61 mi||East||3° 47' 53.8"||261.06 mi||North||814.22 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:36 PM||1096 km||681 miles||592 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 10:36 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 12:36 PM||1608 km||999 miles||868 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:36 AM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 11:36 AM||2561 km||1591 miles||1383 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Wed 11:36 AM||2580 km||1603 miles||1393 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:36 AM||2584 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:36 AM||2584 km||1606 miles||1395 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 10:36 AM||2636 km||1638 miles||1423 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 11:36 AM||3090 km||1920 miles||1669 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.