Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 10:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at 22:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.43 meters/second, 1599.9 kilometres/hour, 994.2 miles/hour or 863.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.6"||994.02 mi||West||0° 10' 05.6"||11.56 mi||North||993.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 08.5"||775.57 mi||East||3° 47' 24.1"||260.49 mi||North||813.99 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 10:58 AM||1158 km||720 miles||626 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:58 PM||1590 km||988 miles||859 nm||ESE|
|Honolulu||Tue 12:58 PM||1934 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 11:58 AM||1977 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 10:58 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 10:58 AM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 10:58 AM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 11:58 AM||2315 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Wed 11:58 AM||2474 km||1537 miles||1336 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 10:58 AM||2739 km||1702 miles||1479 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.