Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 02:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.80 meters/second, 1597.7 km/hour, 992.8 miles/hour or 862.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.54 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||north||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.6"||992.62 mi||west||0° 09' 56.3"||11.39 mi||north||992.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 47.8"||775.23 mi||east||3° 43' 06.4"||255.58 mi||north||811.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:04 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||N|
|Saipan||Wed 12:04 PM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:04 AM||1112 km||691 miles||601 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Wed 11:04 AM||1347 km||837 miles||727 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Wed 1:04 PM||1512 km||940 miles||817 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Wed 11:04 AM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:04 PM||2060 km||1280 miles||1112 nm||S|
|Manado||Wed 10:04 AM||2342 km||1455 miles||1265 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:04 PM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||ENE|
|Manila||Wed 10:04 AM||2645 km||1644 miles||1428 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.