Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 2:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 02:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.80 meters/second, 1597.7 kilometres/hour, 992.8 miles/hour or 862.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.6"||992.63 mi||West||0° 09' 56.5"||11.39 mi||North||992.46 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 47.6"||775.23 mi||East||3° 43' 07.8"||255.61 mi||North||811.99 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:04 PM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||N|
|Saipan||Wed 12:04 PM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||N|
|Colonia||Wed 12:04 PM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||W|
|Weno||Wed 12:04 PM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Wed 11:04 AM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Wed 11:04 AM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Wed 1:04 PM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Wed 11:04 AM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:04 PM||2056 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||S|
|Manado||Wed 10:04 AM||2370 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.