Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 02:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 02:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.63 meters/second, 1597.1 km/hour, 992.4 miles/hour or 862.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.54 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.4"||992.23 mi||west||0° 09' 53.8"||11.34 mi||north||992.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 59.0"||775.14 mi||east||3° 41' 55.8"||254.23 mi||north||811.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Wed 11:54 AM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||SE|
|Davao||Wed 10:54 AM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Wed 10:54 AM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||WSW|
|Cebu City||Wed 10:54 AM||952 km||592 miles||514 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Wed 11:54 AM||1120 km||696 miles||605 nm||S|
|Manado||Wed 10:54 AM||1198 km||744 miles||647 nm||SW|
|Quezon||Wed 10:54 AM||1390 km||864 miles||751 nm||WNW|
|Manila||Wed 10:54 AM||1392 km||865 miles||751 nm||WNW|
|Gorontalo||Wed 10:54 AM||1414 km||879 miles||764 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:54 PM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.