Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 03:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.56 meters/second, 1596.8 km/hour, 992.2 miles/hour or 862.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.54 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.2"||992.08 mi||west||0° 09' 52.9"||11.32 mi||north||991.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 03.2"||775.11 mi||east||3° 41' 29.0"||253.72 mi||north||811.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Davao||Wed 11:14 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||SW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Wed 11:14 AM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||WSW|
|Marawi City||Wed 11:14 AM||421 km||262 miles||228 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Wed 11:14 AM||456 km||283 miles||246 nm||SW|
|Cebu City||Wed 11:14 AM||458 km||285 miles||248 nm||WNW|
|Bacolod||Wed 11:14 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||WNW|
|Iloilo City||Wed 11:14 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:14 PM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||ESE|
|Manado||Wed 11:14 AM||918 km||570 miles||495 nm||SSW|
|Ternate||Wed 12:14 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.