Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.53 meters/second, 1596.7 km/hour, 992.1 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.1"||992.00 mi||west||0° 09' 52.4"||11.31 mi||north||991.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 05.4"||775.09 mi||east||3° 41' 14.8"||253.45 mi||north||811.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Surigao||Wed 11:24 AM||63 km||39 miles||34 nm||N|
|Cagayan de Oro||Wed 11:24 AM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||SW|
|Baybay||Wed 11:24 AM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||NNW|
|Marawi City||Wed 11:24 AM||190 km||118 miles||102 nm||SW|
|Cebu City||Wed 11:24 AM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||NW|
|Davao||Wed 11:24 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||S|
|Bacolod||Wed 11:24 AM||321 km||200 miles||173 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Wed 11:24 AM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||S|
|Iloilo City||Wed 11:24 AM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||WNW|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 11:24 AM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.