Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 03:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.49 meters/second, 1596.6 km/hour, 992.1 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.0"||991.92 mi||west||0° 09' 51.8"||11.30 mi||north||991.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 08.0"||775.07 mi||east||3° 40' 58.9"||253.15 mi||north||811.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bacolod||Wed 11:34 AM||157 km||98 miles||85 nm||N|
|Iloilo City||Wed 11:34 AM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||N|
|Cebu City||Wed 11:34 AM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||NE|
|Marawi City||Wed 11:34 AM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||SE|
|Cagayan de Oro||Wed 11:34 AM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||ESE|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 11:34 AM||271 km||169 miles||146 nm||SSW|
|Davao||Wed 11:34 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||SE|
|General Santos||Wed 11:34 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||SE|
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 11:34 AM||451 km||280 miles||243 nm||W|
|Makati||Wed 11:34 AM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.