Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:37 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 04:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.35 meters/second, 1596.1 km/hour, 991.7 miles/hour or 861.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.9"||991.67 mi||west||0° 09' 49.7"||11.26 mi||north||991.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 17.3"||775.06 mi||east||3° 40' 01.6"||252.07 mi||north||810.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 12:14 PM||495 km||307 miles||267 nm||SE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 12:14 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SSE|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 12:14 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||SSE|
|Nha Trang||Wed 11:14 AM||536 km||333 miles||289 nm||NW|
|Kuala Belait||Wed 12:14 PM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||SSE|
|Miri||Wed 12:14 PM||557 km||346 miles||300 nm||S|
|Puerto Princesa||Wed 12:14 PM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||E|
|Ho Chi Minh||Wed 11:14 AM||720 km||447 miles||389 nm||WNW|
|Cần Thơ||Wed 11:14 AM||810 km||503 miles||437 nm||W|
|Da Nang||Wed 11:14 AM||914 km||568 miles||494 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.