Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 05:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at 4:38 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 05:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.98 meters/second, 1594.7 km/hour, 990.9 miles/hour or 861.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.51 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||north||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.2"||990.78 mi||west||0° 09' 44.3"||11.16 mi||north||990.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 41.7"||774.84 mi||east||3° 37' 32.0"||249.20 mi||north||809.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Blair||Wed 11:28 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||ENE|
|Kalmunai||Wed 11:28 AM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||WSW|
|Kandy||Wed 11:28 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||WSW|
|Banda Aceh||Wed 12:58 PM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||ESE|
|Chennai||Wed 11:28 AM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||WNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Wed 11:28 AM||963 km||599 miles||520 nm||WSW|
|Colombo||Wed 11:28 AM||968 km||601 miles||523 nm||WSW|
|Visakhapatnam||Wed 11:28 AM||1042 km||647 miles||563 nm||NNW|
|Madurai||Wed 11:28 AM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||W|
|Yangon||Wed 12:28 PM||1166 km||725 miles||630 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.