Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 11:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 11:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.68 meters/second, 1590.0 km/hour, 988.0 miles/hour or 858.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.47 mi||west||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||north||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.4"||987.85 mi||west||0° 09' 25.0"||10.79 mi||north||987.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 11.3"||774.29 mi||east||3° 28' 42.7"||239.11 mi||north||805.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kandi||Wed 12:48 PM||85 km||53 miles||46 nm||NW|
|Parakou||Wed 12:48 PM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||SW|
|Djougou||Wed 12:48 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||WSW|
|Natitingou||Wed 12:48 PM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||W|
|Kara||Wed 11:48 AM||274 km||170 miles||148 nm||WSW|
|Savé||Wed 12:48 PM||301 km||187 miles||162 nm||SSW|
|Sokodé||Wed 11:48 AM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||SW|
|Mango||Wed 11:48 AM||329 km||204 miles||177 nm||W|
|Sokoto||Wed 12:48 PM||336 km||209 miles||182 nm||NE|
|Ibadan||Wed 12:48 PM||357 km||222 miles||193 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.