Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 14:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.11 meters/second, 1588.0 km/hour, 986.7 miles/hour or 857.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||north||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.0"||986.58 mi||west||0° 09' 16.4"||10.62 mi||north||986.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 51.8"||774.07 mi||east||3° 24' 50.9"||234.69 mi||north||804.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Wed 1:14 PM||1015 km||630 miles||548 nm||NE|
|Praia||Wed 1:14 PM||1034 km||643 miles||558 nm||ENE|
|Dakar||Wed 2:14 PM||1649 km||1025 miles||891 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Wed 2:14 PM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Wed 11:14 AM||1775 km||1103 miles||959 nm||SSW|
|Bissau||Wed 2:14 PM||1811 km||1125 miles||978 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Wed 2:14 PM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||ENE|
|Conakry||Wed 2:14 PM||2026 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||E|
|Freetown||Wed 2:14 PM||2093 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||E|
|Recife||Wed 11:14 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1149 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.