Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 21:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.30 meters/second, 1581.5 km/hour, 982.7 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.38 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 33.3"||982.51 mi||west||0° 08' 48.6"||10.09 mi||north||982.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 02.7"||773.42 mi||east||3° 12' 28.0"||220.52 mi||north||799.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 11:46 AM||2036 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 11:46 AM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles *||Wed 2:46 PM||3374 km||2096 miles||1822 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Wed 11:46 AM||3400 km||2112 miles||1836 nm||SSW|
|San Francisco *||Wed 2:46 PM||3409 km||2118 miles||1841 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Wed 2:46 PM||3662 km||2275 miles||1977 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas *||Wed 2:46 PM||3738 km||2323 miles||2018 nm||NE|
|Phoenix||Wed 2:46 PM||3798 km||2360 miles||2051 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 10:46 AM||4073 km||2531 miles||2199 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 9:46 AM||4101 km||2548 miles||2214 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.