Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 22:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 22:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.09 meters/second, 1580.7 km/hour, 982.2 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.37 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.7"||982.04 mi||west||0° 08' 45.3"||10.03 mi||north||981.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 18.2"||773.35 mi||east||3° 11' 00.7"||218.86 mi||north||798.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 12:36 PM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:36 PM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:36 AM||2847 km||1769 miles||1537 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Wed 11:36 AM||3032 km||1884 miles||1637 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:36 AM||3076 km||1911 miles||1661 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 12:36 PM||3321 km||2064 miles||1793 nm||S|
|Apia||Thu 11:36 AM||3504 km||2177 miles||1892 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:36 PM||3759 km||2336 miles||2030 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:36 AM||3774 km||2345 miles||2038 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:36 AM||3865 km||2401 miles||2087 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.