Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 10:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 22:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.09 meters/second, 1580.7 km/hour, 982.2 miles/hour or 853.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.7"||982.05 mi||West||0° 08' 45.3"||10.03 mi||North||981.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 17.7"||773.35 mi||East||3° 11' 02.6"||218.90 mi||North||798.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Wed 12:36 PM||1112 km||691 miles||601 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:36 PM||1223 km||760 miles||660 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Wed 10:36 AM||2873 km||1785 miles||1551 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Wed 11:36 AM||3055 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:36 AM||3092 km||1922 miles||1670 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 12:36 PM||3317 km||2061 miles||1791 nm||S|
|Apia||Thu 11:36 AM||3521 km||2188 miles||1901 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:36 PM||3764 km||2339 miles||2032 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 10:36 AM||3800 km||2361 miles||2052 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 10:36 AM||3893 km||2419 miles||2102 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.