Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.79 meters/second, 1579.7 km/hour, 981.5 miles/hour or 852.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.36 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.9"||981.44 mi||west||0° 08' 40.7"||9.94 mi||north||981.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 40.0"||773.30 mi||east||3° 08' 56.9"||216.51 mi||north||798.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Wed 11:48 AM||1473 km||915 miles||795 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 1:48 PM||1723 km||1070 miles||930 nm||NE|
|Midway||Wed 12:48 PM||1869 km||1161 miles||1009 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:48 PM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Thu 11:48 AM||2024 km||1257 miles||1093 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 11:48 AM||2131 km||1324 miles||1151 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:48 PM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Thu 11:48 AM||2498 km||1552 miles||1349 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:48 AM||2547 km||1583 miles||1375 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 11:48 AM||2816 km||1750 miles||1521 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.