Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 11:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 23:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.75 meters/second, 1579.5 km/hour, 981.5 miles/hour or 852.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.7"||981.29 mi||West||0° 08' 40.1"||9.93 mi||North||981.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 42.7"||773.23 mi||East||3° 08' 41.4"||216.20 mi||North||798.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Wed 11:58 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Thu 11:58 AM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Wed 12:58 PM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Wed 1:58 PM||1913 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Thu 11:58 AM||1942 km||1207 miles||1049 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:58 PM||2109 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Thu 11:58 AM||2279 km||1416 miles||1231 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:58 PM||2419 km||1503 miles||1306 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:58 AM||2460 km||1529 miles||1328 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Thu 11:58 AM||2616 km||1625 miles||1412 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.