Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.10 meters/second, 1577.2 km/hour, 980.0 miles/hour or 851.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.0"||979.83 mi||West||0° 08' 29.7"||9.73 mi||North||979.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 30.2"||773.00 mi||East||3° 04' 08.7"||211.00 mi||North||796.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 12:34 PM||438 km||272 miles||237 nm||NW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:34 PM||463 km||288 miles||250 nm||W|
|Palikir||Thu 1:34 PM||1200 km||745 miles||648 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Thu 11:34 AM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 11:34 AM||1925 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 2:34 PM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Thu 11:34 AM||2233 km||1388 miles||1206 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 12:34 PM||2467 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||S|
|Yaren||Thu 2:34 PM||2470 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Thu 2:34 PM||2515 km||1563 miles||1358 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.