Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.10 meters/second, 1577.2 km/hour, 980.0 miles/hour or 851.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.33 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.0"||979.89 mi||west||0° 08' 29.7"||9.73 mi||north||979.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 30.7"||773.05 mi||east||3° 04' 06.8"||210.98 mi||north||796.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 12:34 PM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||NW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 12:34 PM||434 km||270 miles||234 nm||W|
|Palikir||Thu 1:34 PM||1225 km||761 miles||661 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Thu 11:34 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 11:34 AM||1911 km||1187 miles||1032 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Thu 2:34 PM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Thu 11:34 AM||2212 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 12:34 PM||2465 km||1532 miles||1331 nm||S|
|Yaren||Thu 2:34 PM||2494 km||1550 miles||1347 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Thu 2:34 PM||2544 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.