Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.89 meters/second, 1576.4 km/hour, 979.5 miles/hour or 851.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.32 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.4"||979.35 mi||west||0° 08' 26.3"||9.67 mi||north||979.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 46.0"||772.93 mi||east||3° 02' 38.2"||209.28 mi||north||795.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 12:24 PM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 1:24 PM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||E|
|Saipan||Thu 1:24 PM||1021 km||635 miles||552 nm||ENE|
|Davao||Thu 11:24 AM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Thu 11:24 AM||1461 km||908 miles||789 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Thu 12:24 PM||1548 km||962 miles||836 nm||S|
|Quezon||Thu 11:24 AM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||W|
|Manila||Thu 11:24 AM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Thu 12:24 PM||1768 km||1098 miles||954 nm||SSE|
|Manado||Thu 11:24 AM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.