Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 03:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.89 meters/second, 1576.4 km/hour, 979.5 miles/hour or 851.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.32 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.4"||979.36 mi||west||0° 08' 26.3"||9.67 mi||north||979.13 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 45.7"||772.93 mi||east||3° 02' 40.2"||209.31 mi||north||795.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 12:24 PM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 1:24 PM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||E|
|Saipan||Thu 1:24 PM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||ENE|
|Davao||Thu 11:24 AM||1391 km||864 miles||751 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Thu 11:24 AM||1486 km||923 miles||802 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Thu 12:24 PM||1554 km||965 miles||839 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Thu 11:24 AM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||W|
|Manila||Thu 11:24 AM||1725 km||1072 miles||932 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Thu 12:24 PM||1760 km||1094 miles||950 nm||SSE|
|Manado||Thu 11:24 AM||1830 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.