Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.61 meters/second, 1568.2 km/hour, 974.4 miles/hour or 846.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.6"||974.22 mi||West||0° 07' 48.4"||8.95 mi||North||973.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 32.4"||772.08 mi||East||2° 46' 11.4"||190.45 mi||North||790.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maradi||Thu 1:24 PM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||SE|
|Sokoto||Thu 1:24 PM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||SW|
|Gusau||Thu 1:24 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||SSE|
|Zinder||Thu 1:24 PM||310 km||192 miles||167 nm||E|
|Kano||Thu 1:24 PM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||SE|
|Agadez||Thu 1:24 PM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||NNE|
|Zaria||Thu 1:24 PM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||SSE|
|Kaduna||Thu 1:24 PM||423 km||263 miles||228 nm||SSE|
|Niamey||Thu 1:24 PM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||W|
|Kandi||Thu 1:24 PM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.