Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.59 meters/second, 1568.1 km/hour, 974.4 miles/hour or 846.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.5"||974.18 mi||West||0° 07' 48.2"||8.94 mi||North||973.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 33.6"||772.08 mi||East||2° 46' 03.8"||190.30 mi||North||790.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sokoto||Thu 1:28 PM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||S|
|Maradi||Thu 1:28 PM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||ESE|
|Niamey||Thu 1:28 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||WSW|
|Kandi||Thu 1:28 PM||412 km||256 miles||222 nm||SW|
|Zinder||Thu 1:28 PM||414 km||257 miles||223 nm||E|
|Kano||Thu 1:28 PM||434 km||270 miles||235 nm||ESE|
|Agadez||Thu 1:28 PM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||NE|
|Zaria||Thu 1:28 PM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||SE|
|Kaduna||Thu 1:28 PM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSE|
|Arlit||Thu 1:28 PM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.