Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.56 meters/second, 1568.0 km/hour, 974.3 miles/hour or 846.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.4"||974.18 mi||west||0° 07' 47.7"||8.93 mi||north||973.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 35.8"||772.12 mi||east||2° 45' 50.4"||190.06 mi||north||790.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Niamey||Thu 1:34 PM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||WSW|
|Sokoto||Thu 1:34 PM||228 km||142 miles||123 nm||ESE|
|Kandi||Thu 1:34 PM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||S|
|Dori||Thu 12:34 PM||377 km||234 miles||203 nm||W|
|Maradi||Thu 1:34 PM||401 km||249 miles||217 nm||E|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 12:34 PM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||SW|
|Natitingou||Thu 1:34 PM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||SSW|
|Djougou||Thu 1:34 PM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SSW|
|Mango||Thu 12:34 PM||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||SW|
|Parakou||Thu 1:34 PM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.