Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.52 meters/second, 1567.9 km/hour, 974.2 miles/hour or 846.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.24 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.2"||974.03 mi||west||0° 07' 46.9"||8.92 mi||north||973.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 38.5"||772.05 mi||east||2° 45' 33.7"||189.73 mi||north||790.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Niamey||Thu 1:44 PM||114 km||71 miles||62 nm||SE|
|Dori||Thu 12:44 PM||145 km||90 miles||78 nm||W|
|Fada N'gourma||Thu 12:44 PM||255 km||158 miles||138 nm||SSW|
|Ouagadougou||Thu 12:44 PM||366 km||227 miles||197 nm||WSW|
|Kandi||Thu 1:44 PM||380 km||236 miles||205 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Thu 12:44 PM||407 km||253 miles||220 nm||W|
|Natitingou||Thu 1:44 PM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||S|
|Mango||Thu 12:44 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||SSW|
|Sokoto||Thu 1:44 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||ESE|
|Koudougou||Thu 12:44 PM||451 km||280 miles||243 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.