Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:32 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.05 meters/second, 1566.2 km/hour, 973.2 miles/hour or 845.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.22 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 20.8"||973.03 mi||west||0° 07' 38.7"||8.76 mi||north||972.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 12.4"||771.92 mi||east||2° 42' 02.7"||185.71 mi||north||789.12 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Thu 1:34 PM||231 km||143 miles||125 nm||ENE|
|Mindelo||Thu 1:34 PM||282 km||175 miles||152 nm||NNE|
|Santa Maria||Thu 1:34 PM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||NE|
|Dakar||Thu 2:34 PM||880 km||547 miles||475 nm||E|
|Thiès||Thu 2:34 PM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||E|
|Serekunda||Thu 2:34 PM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||E|
|Banjul||Thu 2:34 PM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Thu 2:34 PM||1105 km||687 miles||597 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Thu 2:34 PM||1121 km||697 miles||605 nm||ESE|
|Conakry||Thu 2:34 PM||1403 km||872 miles||757 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.