Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 6:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 18:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 434.06 meters/second, 1562.6 kilometres/hour, 971.0 miles/hour or 843.7 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.18 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 17.8"||970.75 mi||West||0° 07' 21.4"||8.43 mi||North||970.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 22.2"||771.45 mi||East||2° 34' 33.1"||177.12 mi||North||786.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Cabezas||Thu 12:28 PM||181 km||113 miles||98 nm||WSW|
|Matagalpa||Thu 12:28 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||WSW|
|George Town (Cayman)||Thu 1:28 PM||490 km||304 miles||264 nm||N|
|La Ceiba||Thu 12:28 PM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||WNW|
|Masaya||Thu 12:28 PM||553 km||343 miles||298 nm||SW|
|Limón||Thu 12:28 PM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||SSW|
|Managua||Thu 12:28 PM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||WSW|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 12:28 PM||572 km||355 miles||309 nm||W|
|Montego Bay||Thu 1:28 PM||585 km||363 miles||316 nm||NE|
|Alajuela||Thu 12:28 PM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.