Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 11:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 23:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.80 meters/second, 1558.1 km/hour, 968.1 miles/hour or 841.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||North||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.8"||967.92 mi||West||0° 06' 58.1"||7.99 mi||North||967.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 49.0"||770.87 mi||East||2° 24' 40.4"||165.81 mi||North||783.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Thu 1:28 PM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||N|
|Wailuku||Thu 1:28 PM||631 km||392 miles||341 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 1:28 PM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:28 PM||1538 km||956 miles||830 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 12:28 PM||2738 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:28 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:28 PM||3305 km||2054 miles||1785 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 1:28 PM||3694 km||2296 miles||1995 nm||S|
|Apia||Fri 12:28 PM||3756 km||2334 miles||2028 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 11:28 AM||3827 km||2378 miles||2066 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.