Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 23:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 23:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.80 meters/second, 1558.1 km/hour, 968.1 miles/hour or 841.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.14 mi||west||0° 00' 07.0"||0.13 mi||north||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.8"||967.92 mi||west||0° 06' 58.1"||7.99 mi||north||967.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 49.0"||770.87 mi||east||2° 24' 40.4"||165.81 mi||north||783.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hilo||Thu 1:28 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||N|
|Wailuku||Thu 1:28 PM||630 km||392 miles||340 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Thu 1:28 PM||731 km||454 miles||395 nm||NNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 1:28 PM||1538 km||956 miles||830 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 12:28 PM||2738 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:28 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 12:28 PM||3308 km||2055 miles||1786 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 1:28 PM||3694 km||2296 miles||1995 nm||S|
|Apia||Fri 12:28 PM||3756 km||2334 miles||2028 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 11:28 AM||3844 km||2388 miles||2076 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.