Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, April 12, 2013 at 00:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 00:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.59 meters/second, 1557.3 km/hour, 967.7 miles/hour or 840.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 06.8"||0.13 mi||north||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.2"||967.45 mi||west||0° 06' 54.2"||7.91 mi||north||967.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 03.1"||770.77 mi||east||2° 23' 00.1"||163.89 mi||north||783.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 2:18 PM||1125 km||699 miles||607 nm||NE|
|Midway||Thu 1:18 PM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 2:18 PM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 12:18 PM||2016 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:18 PM||2587 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:18 PM||2728 km||1695 miles||1473 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 1:18 PM||2806 km||1744 miles||1515 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 12:18 PM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Fri 12:18 PM||3088 km||1919 miles||1667 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Fri 1:18 PM||3303 km||2052 miles||1783 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.